Wednesday, August 3, 2011

"Understated is how we prefer to be, that's why I've sold 3 million and you've never heard of me..." -The Streets

Now no one can say I never spent 2 hours in Korea.







Seoul/Incheon Airport is like a tasty appetizer for this trip. It's bizarre, but airports are always familiar. I traded in some dollars for Indonesian rupiah and had a coffee while trying to sort out how to encapsulate centuries upon centuries of rich history and the traditional Korean cultural experience and still find time for a Korean airport deuce when I found this...





(Bingo!)

Korean Air is awesome. They have bibambop (Korean dish with rice, minced beef, veggies and chili paste) and The Streets play on their radio station.







I'm gigantic and white, coffee-shocked and restless (HOGAN!). I'm sweaty and I don't smell great, my head is close-shaved and my beard is thick and Nordic red (Catbear orange). I already feel like an oddity. So, that's promising.







I'll be taking an Indonesian shower in 10 hours. It's gonna be gooooood. (It's nothing dirty, you pervert - it's just when you take a shower in Indonesia).







It feels like I've been here before, or like I'll be back. But I certainly never have and probably never will.

No comments:

Post a Comment