Saturday, February 25, 2012

"Get outta my way//Can't you see I'm from L.A.?//I met Slash, got a rose tattoo//I bet I know way more people than you" -NoFx "El Lay"

One day too many on Venice Beach - bad music, bad cough, bad headache and it's time to move on. 

Knuckles and I hit a Chinese joint called Mao's last night. His fortune was, "Stop talking about your plans, you'll accomplish more of them." 

I concur. Enough planning. And planning to plan. And planning to plan to plan to plan. I'm on this trip now and it's time to get transient. My fortune said, "People on your background will be more helpful than previous," whatever the hell that means.

Saturdays get packed on the boardwalk. Cars flood in from the hills. It's a trashily-fabulous group. I wasn't sure it was possible, but I've burned out. I just can't see any more nipples.

People here like to point out where famous movie scenes were shot. "Have you ever seen "X"? That was filmed right there!" There's also a standard disclaimer for the weather. "Summer's gonna come, and it's gonna get fuckin' hot. But don't worry, it's a dry heat."



Glad to be moving on from here. I'm taking Knuckles with me into the desert. Just in case I run out of food. I'll post in a few days. I wont have WiFi in Joshua Tree...or I fucking hope not...

Fare thee well, fare thee well, moving on from the Cadillac Hotel.


No comments:

Post a Comment